E-Commerce Creation Company
If you sell a good or service, then creating an e-commerce platform is an essential part of running your business. E-commerce sites allow you to make sales online, so it opens you up to a much larger potential customer base. However, in order to develop an e-commerce site that people will make purchases on, it’s important to understand what makes a trustworthy site!
Why You Should Develop an E-Commerce Site
Taking the time to develop an e-commerce website can seem daunting, so it’s worth the time and money to have us help you do it correctly. Choosing to sell your goods and services online instead of only in person will open up a lot of opportunities for you, including:
- Widening your target audience reach
- Creating unique shopping experiences that you can’t achieve in person
- Strengthening your brand by developing a platform that you have control over
Steps to E-Commerce Creation
Now that you’ve decided to start selling your goods or services online, you need to know how we will create an e-commerce platform that people will trust and enjoy using.
Choose Your Domain Name
Your domain name is what people will type in to go directly to your website. We want it to be unique so that people can easily make the connection between the domain and your brand. If you already have a domain name from an existing website, we can usually transfer it over to your e-commerce host. However, if you don’t have one yet, we’ll consider these tips when creating one:
- Use words that are easy to spell (and spell them correctly)
- Don’t be too generic (but stay broad enough that you can expand your brand)
- Keep it short so it’s easy to remember
Choose Your E-Commerce Platform
Choosing the right platform for your online shop will help us have the function that you’re looking for. There are three main types of e-commerce platforms for us to choose from, and each of them offers unique aspects:
- Open Source: these are open and free for anyone to install, and we can customize them as much as you want. However, they aren’t the most secure option, and they often require high levels of coding in order to be used correctly
- SaaS: This stands for Software as a Service, and these platforms are offered through a subscription. SaaS platforms are usually easy to use and highly secure, but they can be pricy and come with restrictive branding options.
- Headless: Headless commerce allows your customer display and the shopping cart to be separate. This allows us to make customer-facing changes quickly and we can often get set up quicker.
When we’re choosing your e-commerce platform, we need to consider the type of store you are developing and what requirements we have for the platform. Before deciding on a platform, we’ll consider these elements:
- Performance of the website
- Traffic capacity
- Whether it’s optimized for mobile users
- The security level for payment information and data
Choose Your Templates
If you are an expert in coding, you can build your e-commerce site from scratch to look however you want it to. However, if you aren’t that tech-savvy, it’s okay! Working with us often included templates, which are pages that are built already that we can choose and customize to meet your brand’s style and appearance without needing to know how to code.
When we’re picking your templates, keep these ideas in mind:
- Simple navigation
- Homepage style
- How customizable each page is
Add Your Products
The most exciting (and crucial!) part of building your e-commerce site is adding the product pages to your site. This will likely take up the most time, but it’s essential that they are done in an organized, clear, and uniform way that will help your website visitors know exactly what you’re offering them. It’s important we consider every element of product pages when developing them.
The product description tells your site visitor exactly what you’re selling and what the value is of your product or service. Plus, search engine bots will crawl the product descriptions on your page, allowing them to gather the information that allows you to rank in search results, so they need to be detailed and useful.
When we’re writing your product descriptions, we will write in short sentences and paragraphs and even consider utilizing bulleted lists when possible so that the descriptions are easy to scan and understand. All product descriptions will cover the following:
- Who the product is designed for
- The basic details or ingredients of the product
- Where and when the product can be useful
Product images allow your site visitors to get a visual understanding of what you’re offering them. The higher-quality the photo is, the more of an impact it will have on the viewer. Here are some ways we use great photos for your product pages:
- Use vibrant, high-quality photos that capture attention
- Make the photos the same size to allow for a uniform, professional appearance
- Use photos from various angles
- Include pictures showing the product in use if applicable
Set Up Your Payment Methods
In order to have a successful e-commerce site, we have to have the ability to securely take payment digitally. If we use a payment method that isn’t secure or has too many steps, we run the risk of losing a sale at the last minute. When we choose your payment method, we have three main types to choose from:
- Redirects: customer goes to another site to process the payment (PayPal is a common example of this)
- Checkout on-site, pay off-site: This option allows payment details to be taken on your website, but they are actually processed on another site (Stripe is a popular company in this category)
- On-site: Every step happens on your website, giving you full control. This is a better option for large companies because it can be more expensive to keep up.
When we’re choosing the right payment platform for your e-commerce site, we’ll take the time to consider every element because it’s important to make a choice that is safe and secure.
Shipping is another essential part of e-commerce because it’s how you get your products to your customers. We need to take the time to consider what your shipping policy will be before we open up your e-commerce site. Take the time to decide which carrier you will use and how much you will charge for shipping. You also need to determine whether you will ship internationally or only domestically. Having these factors determined ahead of time will make for a smooth transition to making sales.
Opening up an e-commerce site is a wonderful step to take if you sell a good or service because it allows you to have a much wider reach. Allowing us the time to design a site that is true to your brand while also being easy to navigate and secure will have you ready to see an increase in sales!
For a free estimate for your individualized advertising plan
Performance Based LLC wants to help your business achieve its full potential. We have worked with countless clients who have seen results that they couldn’t achieve on their own.
Sign up for Newsletter
to stay updated with marketing tips and tricks, as well as strategies to help improve your online presence.